Thursday, February 9, 2012

THE MIXED-UP CHAMELEON

Perfect story to link Science (Vertebrates) and Literacy:




ACTIVITIES:
NOTE: You have to copy all these exercises on your notebook.

1.- Make a list of all the animals that appear in the story. Then classify them according to the five vertebrate groups: mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians or fish.
For example:

ANIMALS --> GROUP
Chameleon -->; ...
Polar Bear -->; Vertebrate, Mammal
Flamingo -->; ...


2.- Make sentences according to the chameleon wishes. Complete the sentences listening to the video and also having a look to your notes about the story on your notebook. Look at the example below:
  1. 'I wish I could be big and white like a polar bear', and then he is big and white.
  2. 'I wish I could be handsome like a flamingo', and the he has got wings and long legs.
  3. 'I wish I could _______ like a _______ ', and then he has got a _________.
  4. 'I wish I could _______ like a _______ ', and then he has got __________.
  5. 'I wish I could _______ like a ________', and then he has got _________.
  6. 'I wish I could _______ like a ________', and then he has got a ________.
  7. 'I wish I could _______ like a ________', and then he has got a ________.
  8. 'I wish I could _______ like an _______' and then he has got an _______.
  9. 'I wish I could _______ like a ________' and then he has got __________.
  10. 'I wish I could be like________' and then he has got _________________.
  11. His last wish was: ' I wish I could be ______________'

No comments:

Post a Comment