WHAT ARE ATOMS?
- ATOM is the smallest part of the matter.
- Atoms are made up of: PROTONS, NEUTRONS and ELECTRONS.
- Protons and neutrons are in the NUCLEUS and electrons are around the nucleus distributed in SHELLS.
- Atoms always have the same number of protons and electrons.
- MOLECULE is made up of atoms.
MAKING MOLECULES WITH ATOMS
- ELEMENTS in the same group have similar chemical and physical properties.
- VALENCE NUMBER is the number of electrons in an atom's outer shell.
MOLECULES IN MOTION
- TEMPERATURE is the measure of molecular movement.